The UTC Group is a multi-award winning, next generation company collective which includes leading talent agents UTC Artist Management, live show producers UTC Live and production studios Lucky 17.
Based in the heart of Peckham, South London, UTC Artist Management actively seeks out the very best talent as partners to build thriving, multi-faceted and long-lasting careers. Through our uniquely hands on development style, our artists create original and ambitious content, and with over 15 years’ experience in both television production and live comedy, we pride ourselves on doing things differently.
Our production arm Lucky 17 creates exciting content across a range of genres, whilst developing a new wave of behind camera gamechangers to connect with our national and international Broadcast and Production partners.
UTC Live programmes and produces regular grassroots shows in South London, with a mission to showcase, discover and develop emerging talent.
We’re a strong team, constantly supporting and driving each other. We believe in one-to-one mentoring and long-term training and development. We have an industry leading reputation for championing diversity within the entertainment industry and we reflect these values in all areas of the UTC Group. We believe in community and the team share regular creative days, vision nights and social events, with collaboration at the heart of all that we do. We believe in kindness, respect and inclusion for all. Our company approach is radically different and we’re proud of that. We’ve been at the forefront of innovation within British comedy for over a decade. Our artists have broken down barriers and our behind the camera partnerships have permanently changed the landscape of Broadcast production.
We are always looking for likeminded creatives and producers to join our growing team made up of exceptional individuals who are passionate about building our collective vision to Discover, Develop and Produce. We’re incredibly proud of what we have achieved so far and we’re just getting started…
As Live Producer for UTC Artist Management you will be responsible for managing UTC’s busy Live department, reporting to our talent managers. The Live Producer’s main responsibility is managing our roster’s live diaries: booking shows and appearances in line with each talent’s personal and company-led progression. You will also handle work in progress and support slots, provide tour administration support, help produce and run live shows, and book in new material and trial spots to support our talent’s live development.
The candidate will need to liaise with venue managers and promoters, tour managers, other comedy agencies, TV production companies, PR agencies, and be the first port of call for any live enquiries, so good industry contacts and knowledge of the live comedy landscape is required. On a daily basis you will have to negotiate fees, check and update multiple diaries, coordinate travel arrangements and some production logistics, see invoices through from creation to timely payment, update company social media accounts, and contribute to UTC’s business development strategy.
You should be confident in your ability to speak to a number of different stakeholders and personality types, maintain good working relationships with all talent and have an excellent email and telephone manner.
You will be required to attend comedy shows and industry events in addition to some show running and emergency availability outside of standard working hours.
- Booking mixed bill shows, work in progress shows, previews, mini-tours, international gigs/tours, private events and more.
- Liaising with promoters, venue mangers, tour managers, company contacts, international bookers and producers to ensure all talent diaries are updated.
- Ensuring that acts have the correct and clear information about every event booked.
- Maintaining internal live slates and databases.
- Managing enquiries for clients in terms of fees, dates, travel and accommodation, logistics, etc.
- Proactively filling talents’ diaries via phone, email and MailChimp mail-out, focussing on gaps and live targets.
- Booking gigs, mini tours and full tours at universities, theatres and arts centres.
- Negotiating contracts for artists.
- Creating invoices for all live events and ensuring timely payment is made.
- Liaising regularly with talent managers and the artists themselves to effectively plan for all clients.
- Researching travel logistics for live bookings.
- Business Development – researching, expanding and updating internal gig databases.
- Keeping and updating detailed notes on talent’s live targets and requirements.
- Getting to know UTC’s roster to a point where you can make decisions on live bookings in line with their schedules, preferences and growth.
- Show-running and teching shows and showcases as needed.
- Educated to degree level, preferably 2:1 or 2+ years’ experience in live comedy.
- Highly numerical and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrable experience working in live comedy is essential!
- Client facing and relationship building experience, working effectively with departments across a company and with external stakeholders.
- Experience using database systems, ideally Tagmin or talent management software, and good Apple knowledge.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Highly organised, proactive and able to use initiative.
- Strong administration skills and ability to prioritise a busy workload.
- A strong interest in comedy, entertainment and a passion for the live circuit!
Please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description and Role:
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join the award-winning team at one of the UK’s most celebrated and renowned talent management agencies, UTC Artist Management. We are looking to grow our talent division and are on the hunt for a brilliant Junior Talent Manager with a hands on approach to growing and developing UTC’s slate across Broadcast, Live, Digital and social production.
The ideal candidate will have a mature outlook towards business with a comprehensive understanding of how Agencies work to ensure that they can handle the administration and requirements of the role. Applicants must be committed, motivated, responsible, pro-active, organised, able to prioritise, multi-task, show initiative, problem solve, think creatively, have excellent communication skills and a meticulous eye for detail.
- Support logistics for the current roster surrounding film, TV and live performance engagements, and communicate with external producers to coordinate new and existing bookings.
- Oversee Spotlight submissions and coordinate with the talent to complete self-tape requests.
- Be a point of contact for artists and producers to respond to diary and availability queries. Some occasional out of hours work required.
- Support of the Managers with company wide talent.
- Proactively source new work, income and opportunities for the clients by leveraging your contacts and building upon your network through meetings and introductions to key stakeholders in the business.
- Management duties include: diary management, travel logistics, artist liaison, social media management, content creation, financial admin e.g. invoicing and contracts, attendance and accompanying the clients to TV records, photo shoots, events and red carpets, deal negotiation, proactive pitching and suggesting clients for new work, taking meetings and building relationships with industry contacts.
- Update and maintain company databases.
Supporting the strategic management of clients with support and access to leading decision makers (Broadcasters, production companies, commercial partnerships, brand building, IP creation, marketing, content creation, creative services, digital strategy, live events, publishing, corporate events).
- Client Recruitment – focus on evolving and bringing in new and exciting talent.
- Keeping across all the latest deals: forming and leveraging top level connections across the industry: sharing all information with the wider team
- Outstanding communication skills.
Flawless organisational skills.
- Good writing style and ability to construct compelling pitches, documents/decks.
- A desire for a career, not a 9-5 attitude.
Able to work and learn under fast past conditions.
- A genuine interest and good knowledge of the arts, entertainment and popular culture.
- A good understanding of social media and how to leverage and use different platforms.
- Ability to create career strategy and critical pathways for you to execute on behalf of UTC clients, based on you and your clients shared vision and goals.
- Utilising and growing your own personal talents in a creative and productive way.
- Taking charge of your own development and career progression.
Type of Person:
You should be a creative, passionate but critical thinker and have a good understanding of how to work with a wide variety of people.
No day is ever the same and often lacks structure and process therefore it’s crucial for managers to create organisation and goals for themselves and their clients to reach.
You have the creative freedom to design and roll out career plans for talented people in your own style and way, it is one of the most exciting jobs you can possibly do but you need to have a total devotion and unwavering desire to do it.
UTC is fully committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We value the different perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds bring to both our work and our clients’ work. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to our recruitment processes and workplaces in order to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone.